Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Joy of Christmas Book Tag

Saw this on Finding Wonderland and couldn't resist the Christmasyness of it :-)

(from Pinterest)

1: Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real; what book release(s) are you most anticipating?

Island of the Mad by Laurie R. King
If I Live by Terri Blackstock
Whatever Katherine Reay writes next

2: Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?


Everyone needs to know how much I enjoy Katherine Reay's books!  I keep giving them to people as gifts.


3: Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world-building?


I think The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to world-building, don't you?



4: A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic (or one that you want to read)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is my favorite classic <3 

(from Pinterest)

5: Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?

Okay, there's this collection of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "personal essays" called My Lost City that I would LOVE to read, much less own... but it costs more than $100, so yeah, that's pretty much not going to happen.  But you DID ask.

6: Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling?

Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery definitely does.

(from Pinterest)

7: Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?






(I'll stop now.  Five was a good number to share, right?)

8: Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas and/or some of your favorite Christmas memories?

  • Christmas songs
  • eggnog 
  • multicolored lights 
  • going on "Christmas walks" with my husband and kids (we walk around the neighborhood looking at all the decorations) 
  • fudge
  • singing "Silent Night" by candlelight
  • allllll the Christmas church services

These are a few of my favorite things!


Not tagging anybody with this cuz I wasn't tagged myself.  If you want to do it too, then do it!

6 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll get around to reading Jane Eyre. I've meant to for so long, but as I'm sure you know, the list of books to read seems to grow when I'm not looking. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evangeline, my list is like that too! Jane Eyre is a very rewarding read, though I find it hard to get through the first few chapters sometimes. It gets a little Dickensian in the awfulness of her childhood, almost. But worth it to see her rise above her circumstances!

      Delete
  2. Cool bookish tag. I like that Anne of Green Gables cover. You know, I need to read that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? You haven't read Anne of Green Gables? Really?

      I've considered doing a read-along for it one of these years.

      Delete
  3. (I did really like this tag. ;)) (Though your other tag was lovely too, it's just I can't really relate to it, haha.)

    Would you believe I've NEVER had eggnog? What makes it so good?

    And ugggh, yes, Tolkien has a magical mind - how can he create such REAL worlds?!! It's astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabby, glad you like this one ;-)

      Hmm. I like eggnog because it is sweet and creamy. The store-bought kind here in the US is also really thick, but Cowboy keeps experimenting with recipes to make it at home, and his is usually still sweet and creamy, but not so thick. Store-bought can be almost as thick as sweetened condensed milk (but not as cloying and sticky), but his is more like evaporated milk for thickness and consistency (but much sweeter, hah).

      So what makes it good is that it's yummy :-) Though I never had it until I was an adult because my dad HATES eggnog -- I think as a kid, he had the homemade kind that has alcohol in it, and he hated it, so he thinks all eggnog is like that. We make it without the alcohol, though, so it's just yummy.

      Tolkien was head and shoulders above the rest of us. I continue to be astonished by his creativity and wisdom.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)