Wednesday, August 2, 2017

"Snow White" by Matt Phelan

Does it ever happen to you where someone mentions a book, and you're like, "Whoa, that could be cool!" and then you get it... and it is way cooler than you could possibly have imagined?  And then you love it so much, you re-read it immediately.  And then you re-read it again quick before you have to take it back to the library.

Yeah, that's totally what happened with this book, for me.  Someone in the Rooglewood Fairy Tale Contest Facebook Group mentioned this graphic novel that turned the Snow White story into a noir story set in the 1930s, and I was like, "I MUST READ THIS."  And the library had it!  So I got it.  And I read it.  And now I've read it three times, and I want my own copy.  Because wow, it is just brilliant.

I was going to scan in some of my favorite panels, but then I found the official book trailer on YouTube, and it has so many of the good ones that I'm just sharing that here instead.



See?  It's no wonder I fell in love with this book.

If This was Actually a Movie Instead of Me Just Wishing It was, I Would Rate It: PG for some images that would probably scare young children, like the stepmother as an old hag and the guy chasing Snow with a knife.

4 comments:

  1. How cool is that? That happens rarely, but when it does, it's a special thing. What a neat book with cool drawings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DKoren, I know! So very awesome. When you come over, you can check out my copy. It takes like 20 minutes to read the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. "If This was Actually a Movie Instead of Me Just Wishing It was..." That is really funny! ;)

    This looks so cool! I really, really want to read it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MC, hee. Yeah, I thought so too :-) I hope you can find it! Such a cool book.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)