Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2014 Wrap-Up

I'll be posting a little wrap-up musing as I finish each challenge I participated in this year, or don't finish them, as the case may be.  Overall, I've found the challenges to be fun, but also a bit of work.  Having to remember to mention what challenge a book went toward in my blog post AND update my counter on my blog page AND go submit the link to the hosting blog's link-up... extra steps mean extra time, and I don't always have much extra time.


Be that as it may, I've already finished one challenge!  I challenged myself to read 12 of the books I owned but hadn't read yet, and I have done so.  Just for fun, here are the books I read:

January
Shakespeare's Restless World by Neil MacGregor

March
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Two Guys Read Jane Austen by Steve Chandler and Terrence N. Hill

April
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Jane Austen's England by Roy and Lesley Adkins
Edmund Bertram's Diary by Amanda Grange

May
Homicide Trinity by Rex Stout
The Mark of Zorro by Johnston McCulley

June
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes by Vincent Starrett

August
The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick

October
Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange

November
A Family Affair by Rex Stout

I also read quite a few other books that I own but bought this year, but this challenge is supposed to be about reading books you already owned before the challenge began, so I didn't count them.

I think I'm going to take a break from doing challenges like these in 2015, other than the Classics Club.  But if I decide I want to do some again in a year or two, this is definitely one I'd participate in again.  I liked that you don't have to submit a list of intended books to read, and since my stack of unread books that I own keeps growing and growing, it was nice to have an incentive to choose from my own shelves instead of borrowing or buying more.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the Two Guys Read Jane Austen book. I went back and looked at your review of it. Very well done. Your review that is, although I'm sure the book is too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun book, and part of a series, actually. They wrote one about Moby-Dick, which I might try to find when I get around to reading MD myself.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)